I wanted to sure up that I knew what a general 100-500 status code’s meant when I received them as response’s from a server or browser so I went about exploring the internet and very generally derived:
- 100’s - Informational codes used to relay information between client and server during a request. Example 100 code: The server received the request headers and determined the client is okay to continue sending the request body.
- 200’s - success codes. These indicate that the request issued was successfully fulfilled.
- 300’s - redirect codes. These codes are used to tell the browser or server that some other action needs to take place to complete the previous request.
- 400’s - client errors. These indicates an error on the requesters behalf.
- 500’s - server errors. These indicates an error on the servers behalf.